San Francisco Giants on paper are NOT the better team… but…
1) MARCO SCUTARO – Most surprising increased numbers, this for a 37 year old player playing in the difficult San Francisco hitter’s park
2) JUAQUIN ARIAS hit 5 homers for Giants this year after never hitting one before.
3) ANGEL PAGAN power numbers up since coming to SF with Melky Cabrera
4) GREGOR BLANCO who was red hot, ala Torres in 2012 for first half of season, hit more homers this year than in all previous seasons combined
5) SANTIAGO CASILLA suddenly halved his ERA after coming to Giants in ‘magic’ year, 2010.
6. PABLO SANDOVAL – 3 homers in one game and six in post season, more than he hit all year at ATT park! .500 average in series – and great fielding! Ratched up the PEDs! Close to many records, hitting .424 after first two games in Detroit.
7.) OLD PITCHERS don’t quit . ZITO and VOGELSONG GO TO PEDs? Vogelsong has done something only three pitchers have done: allow only 3 runs in three post season games
8.) GIANTS keep getting better, winning 8 of 9 games in post season! Their BEST WEEK OF YEAR AGAINST TEAMS THEY COULDN”T BEAN IN REGULAR SEASON.
9) VICTOR CONTE was right, said it all and how the Giants Could DO IT- THE BIG ONE:
10) PERFORMANCE ENHANCING DRUGS (PEDs)!